Mornings are super hectic in our house, between two busy toddlers running around, me frantically trying to get everyone (including myself) out the door on time, and trying to make sure my husband gets more than just a quick “good morning” has become some sort of strange puzzle that I attempt to put together every morning.
Although most mornings end with me shuffling the girls out the door at the very last minute, I have perfected a few ways to save a little bit of time:
- Pick out everyone’s outfit the night before. I usually know what everyone is going to wear the night before, I don’t lay it out but in my head I know exactly (down to the socks) what I need to grab first thing in the morning.
- Dresses save a ton of time. I recently read that throwing on a dress in the morning saves at least four minutes of your time. I tested this theory out and I definitely saved tons of time wearing a dress rather than pants and a top..
- Feed your kids in the car. I know this sounds so detached and rushed but if your kids are anything like mine, they aren’t hungry until an hour to two hours after they wake up, which puts us exactly at the time we need to be out the door.
- Plan out your lunches before the week starts. My girls lunches are pretty much the same every week. I alternate fruit and chips/crackers everyday but as far as the main part of the meal goes, it’s pretty much the same thing everyday. This helps me to grab what I need and quickly get lunches made and packed.
- Get a good dry shampoo and have a quick make-up routine. I usually can go about four days without washing my hair, and dry shampoo can usually get me through the work week. It gives a little extra body and gets rid of the oily/greasy look I get on day four/five. If you don’t have a quick routine, check out my post from a few weeks ago, 5 Minute Mommy Makeup.
How do you save time in the morning? What are some ways that help your mornings to run smoother? Any suggestions would be appreciated 🙂