I am not the cook in this household. Leave it up to my husband to make everything from Korean chicken drumsticks to fresh home-made tomato sauce. I’m normally the one who is at a loss for meal ideas on the two days a week that I have to prep and make meals. We always joke that I only make casseroles or something similar, I’m not big into cooking. This week was no different but I did decide to mix it up with baked chicken fajitas (seriously so easy) and the recipe below. I adapted this meal by cooking it in the dutch oven for 45 mins since I forgot it called for 4 hours in the slow cooker…fail. Either way it was pretty good and made for a few substantial lunches for us for the remainder of the week. I got the meal from recepiemothers.com! Bon Appetite!
1 Slow cooker (in this case I used a dutch oven)
– 1 package of chicken broth (32 oz) (I didn’t use all 32 oz about 3/4)
– 1 package of your favorite tortellini (20 oz, we used three cheese)
– 1 lb spicy italian sausage (buy this loose it’s much easier)
– 2 Cans Diced Tomatoes (seasoned with basil, garlic & oregano)
– 8 oz. Cream Cheese (try low fat).
– Grated Parmesan Cheese for toppings
1. Take your cream cheese out of the fridge, and let it sit while you quickly brown your meat.
2. Add the sausage and tortellini to your Crock Pot. Pour the tomatoes, liquid and all, and broth over the top. Add your cream cheese to the Pot in chunks.
3. Give your Crock Pot a good stir to get everything evenly distributed, making sure the liquids are adequately covering the tortellini.