Ever since I was old enough to carry a purse, I’ve always been the girl who packs emergency supplies for any given situation. From bandaids to bobby pins, I’ve got it all! Fast forward 15 years, and I’m still the exact same way. I continue to over pack for every vacation and my purse…well, it’s always so full that I can’t find a darn thing. (Ladies, I know I’m not alone on this one….)
When I started packing Ainsley’s backpack for daycare, I knew space was limited so I forced myself to be very selective with the items I wanted to include. These are most of the items I decided to pack:
- Diapers & wipes- I sent half a box of diapers and a full package of wipes at the beginning of the month and plan to re-stock them as needed. As I shared a few weeks ago, Ainsley goes to an in-home daycare so I didn’t want to bombard her with a huge amount of baby supplies.
- Diaper cream – This is a must-have item for us since Ainsley has sensitive skin. We use it as a preventative measure, especially before her long morning and afternoon naps.
- Swaddle blankets (1)- These blankets have so many uses, but the main thing we use them for is tummy time. These are large enough to cover a big section of the floor and make it easy to clean-up any spit-up.
- Toys (3)
- Change of clothing: 3 onesies, 1 pair of pants, 1 pair of socks, 2 drool bibs
- Bottles (2)– We are fortunate enough to be able to leave Ainsley’s bottles at daycare. Not pictured, but we sent a bottle brush and she washes the bottles each evening.
- Breastmilk- We received this cute green cooler pack when we were in the hospital with Ainsley. It’s the perfect size to carry her frozen breastmilk.
- One thing I almost forgot was her lovey. She sleeps with it every single night and even cries if she wakes up without it in the middle of the night. When my maternity leave was coming to an end, we ordered several “back-ups” and sent one to daycare. We also like to sleep with her lovey for a few nights. I know it sounds strange, but we wanted her to have something that smelled familiar.
- Planner– This has been a lifesaver in keeping us organized!
What do you include in your diaper bag?