I love the perfect combination of salty and sweet especially in the morning. Every weekend, Lance and I make a big brunch at least once. We love bacon, and this morning I mastered the ultimate french toast recipe.
7 pieces of french toast
Italian or white bread
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp of vanilla
2 tbsp of brown sugar
- Make the bacon in a pan and pour out the grease, but use the same pan for your french toast so you have little salty flavor bits of bacon. If you’re not making bacon, put some butter in the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together 3 eggs (beaten), milk, 6 grinds of salt or about a tsp of salt, flour, vanilla, brown sugar, and cinnamon
- Put the stove range on medium heat when you have everything mixed together in the bacon pan or the pan with butter in it
- Take one piece of bread at a time and dunk it in the mixture coating both sides
- Put the toast in the pan and let it cook for about 3 minutes on each side, until it’s golden brown
- Dash more cinnamon on the toast while it’s cooking, and add butter to the pan if needed
- When it’s done, spread butter on the toast and sprinkle it with powdered sugar and top off with desired amount of syrup
- Enjoy with your previously cooked bacon!