When you’re almost 17 weeks pregnant most people want to talk about if you think you’re having a boy or a girl, and what they find to be true. Lance and I just want a healthy baby. If you ask either one of us, we would say we really don’t care. Other people though, my mother-in-law in particular, always pick a team to root for. After 8 grandkids, she is picking “Team Boy”. My close friends are divided, already referring to the babe as “he” or “she” loud enough for others to hear.
I thought I would take a few quizes to see what we come up with. I used parenting.com and babycenter.com
1. Are you carrying high or low? High means a girl, and low means a boy. I guess I am carrying high. You be the judge…
2. What is your baby’s heart rate? If it’s above 140, it’s a girl. Below 140, boy. Baby Dub’s heart rate has been 160, 158, 150
3. Are you craving sweet or salty things? Sweet = Girl, Salty= boy. My first trimester, I only wanted Poptarts, but my second, I only want vinegar and salt.
4. Chinese Gender Predictors can be found on the internet, and they take into account how old you were when you got pregnant as well as the month you conceived. I was 29 and conceived in September.
5. They say if you’re breaking out, you’re having a girl. I always have a few pimples since my pregnancy started.
There are so many more tests I could do including swinging my wedding ring by a string to see how it swings, and putting drain in my urine to see what color it turns. Yes, it’s ridiculous. No, I didn’t do it.
According to my tests, I am having a beautiful baby girl! We will find out for sure on January 22 at my 20 week ultrasound! Stay tuned for results!
Psst! No matter the sex, i think my features will definitely be dominant over Lances. My dad and I looked ridiculously alike when we were babies!
Well Kristina I said it was a girl. Just so she acts like you. No matter what this baby will look adorable. Can’t wait till the 22nd