Salty and sweet….need I say more!? The Holiday season is filled with gift giving, holiday parties, and limited time so this recipe is perfect for this time of year. It’s quick and easy to make and will leave your friends and family coming back for more! Or, make a double batch and share with some of the people who brighten your day!
Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bark
- 1/2 bag of mini pretzel twists ( I often substitute with the square pretzel snaps)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar (I used more…like 1.5 cups :))
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (colored chocolate can also be substituted for a more festive feel!)
- Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Use aluminum foil to line a large jelly roll pan. A silicone mat can also be used.
- Form a single layer of pretzels on the bottom of the pan.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter and brown sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a slow boil, forming a smooth caramel.
- Drizzle the caramel over the pretzels, covering as many as possible.
- Place the jelly roll pan in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. Place back in the oven for 2 minutes to melt the chocolate chips.
- Use the back of a spoon or a spatula to spread the melted chocolate cover the caramel and pretzels.
- Top with a generous amount of sea salt.
- Once cooled, remove from the jelly roll pan and break into large chunks.
- Share or enjoy for yourself!