Something you may not know about me is that I hate to pay full price for anything. I’ll scour the Internet for the best price or look for an online code to sweeten the deal. I tend to spend most of my time and energy looking for deals on clothing and accessories. Shoes, in particular, have always been an issue for me for several reasons:
- I wear size 7 ½, and shoes in that size tend to sell out very quickly.
- I stand on my feet all, day, long, so comfort often takes precedence over fashion.
- My feet are funky. Not in a smelly kind of way….but without getting too descriptive, I have certain “problem” areas that often determine if I can or cannot wear a shoe.
You see, shoe shopping for me is like bra shopping for some women— you don’t want to do it, but you know you have to. And when you find one that fits . . . you buy it in every color and style—regardless of the price. Cole Hann is a great example of this for me. I love the style and fit of their shoes, but the price tag can be steep! Online sales and shopping at the outlet are two ways that allow me to buy their shoes for a reasonable price.
A few weeks ago, I found myself on the wrong side of the website and fell in love with a pair of fall wedges. The price tag of $168 was way out of my budget so I set out to look for a similar pair at a more reasonable price. I checked online at my usual spots, Nordstrom’s and Macy’s, but couldn’t find anything quite like the ones that I fell in love with on the Cole Hann site.
I had given up all hope until I spotted a very similar pair at . . . wait for it . . . wait for it . . . PAYLESS SHOES. I know what you’re thinking. You haven’t shopped at Payless since high school. I can assure you that these shoes are amazing!
- They are incredibly comfortable! I’ve worn them to work on several occasions and haven’t had any issues with blisters or sore feet.
- They are perfect for fall and look great with skinny jeans and leggings.
- By far the best part is the price….$34.99! I lucked out a few weeks ago and scored them for $24.99 so keep checking back for the next sale!
So, what do you like to save and splurge on?